I love DIY projects & have been meaning to feature one on the blog so the email request couldn't have come at a better time. These are all so amazing & I hope y'all have mad creative fun making them.
"It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving." ~ Mother Teresa
It's time to overcome your self-doubt and start saving money. We're not all as successful as J.K Rowling just yet, so making family gifts can help us save some money come the holiday season. A few of the family gifts people can start making right now, include:
1. Glove Monsters
We'll assume you have the gloves already, so now all that's left is to:
1. Sew on eyes. The eyes can be buttons or circular fabric pieces with black in the middle. I like to use brightly colored fabrics for eyes.
2. Make a mouth: Using white fabric, cut little V-shapes out of the white fabric along the edges to look like sharp teeth. Sew into place.
That's it. This project is super simple and easy to do. You can share these creations with the little guy or girl in your family – they'll appreciate the effort.
2. Homemade Milk Bathreading, it's nice to sit back and relax a bit more in a homemade milk bath. Baths are not just for kids, and they're so relaxing, they'll melt all the stress and anxiety of the day away. You can give the gift of a homemade milk bath by making your own.
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
This is obviously unscented, but you can add in your own essential oils, too. A few of my favorite oils to add are:
3. Mint Foot Soak
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Lime essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- 2 cups Epsom salts
Just note that this mixture needs to be used within a few weeks or months.
4. Family T-Shirtsmultifunctional heat press will work very well, or you can choose to ditch the heat press and use a third-party service to print them online.
The goal is to print something everyone will remember.
A few ideas are:
- The names of all family members present
- The names of family members that have died
- Jerseys with the family's last name on them
5. Personalized Wooden Spoons
Reese Witherspoon (no pun intended) taught us is to be a little wild.
How can you be wild when personalizing spoons?
Wood burning kits. These kits are loads of fun, and they allow you to burn anything onto wood. Lettering is a great way to decorate these spoons. Some examples include:
- I'm the cook
If you want to get fancy, you can trace anything o to wood and burn it into it, such as mountains, designs, pictures. You're only limited by your imagination.
You can even make plaques, coasters and other items using your wood kit. And since this is a great hobby to have, you'll find plenty of uses for your wood burning kit. I find myself making things all the time for people because the rustic look is back in style.
© Enricoh Alfonzo ~ Alfonzo Words
Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook | Join my Instagram community | Watch me on Pinterest | Subscribe to blog post Updates |
~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres