Friday 23 September 2016

What would I do if I became as Successful as J.K Rowling or Veronica Roth? RTW: You + $$$ = ?


Buenas Dias!

Happy #FridayFeeling Dance~

Have you ever wondered what You would do if you had the insane success of J.K Rowling or Veronica Roth?
What would you do with all that $$$ & influence?

I started my novel, The Cured Rebirth somewhere on the 20th January 2016 and finished my first draft on the 4th February 2016. It was around this time, during my research into what happens After you write a novel, that I came across Veronica Roth's EPIC blog>> http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.co.za/

If you don't know she's the author of the Divergent Series i.e. Dauntless, Shailene Woodley, Factions, Dystopian Thriller, Four, Tris.... Ring any bells?

It was truly her blog that inspired me to start blogging, to create my Author platform. Reading about her journey, going from literally a No-One to Super Stardom AuthorShip. I got to see each step, each milestone & each thought that went through her mind. It was amazing. 

It is true Proof that everyone successful starts out with only a BIG Dream, Faith & the determination to go through every trial to achieve it. 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.

This why I have a BlogSpot website, because one of my favorite authors started here, she didn't need super amazing graphics, a domain name, SEO and all that other jazz. While I respect that and know it serves a purpose. Some of my coolest friends have awesome domain websites, I enjoy their blogs and admire their expertise in the niche they post in. 
My path is just different, is all.  

Success = Belief + Preparation

Before Veronica was famous, she had a Vision, a vision of where she wanted her life to go. She even created a step by step list of what she would do should she achieve her goals. 

1. Buy a House
Her Answer: "Anyway, when I say "house," I don't mean "giant monstrosity." I mean a nice little house with a nice little yard...possibly in Green Lake, Wisconsin..."



My Answer: I would buy my parents a house first, preferably a beach house in Kwa Zulu Natal, Durban so my parents can retire to a life of relaxation & my dad can be close to his massive family. 
My dream is to own an open space Loft with Large windows overlooking the city & an impressive book collection upon a uniquely designed bookshelf. My bedroom will be upon a perch type floor above the loft. I'll have stairs to go up & a light blue slide to come down. This main loft will be in Tokyo, Japan. I'm definitely getting an on-call chef and/or a butler. haha
Something similar to this...


2. Donate
Her Answer: "I have an organization in mind. Particularly given some of the themes Divergent (briefly) touches on. And some of the problems the kids in my old high school seem to be facing recently."
My Answer: I have always been a massive supporter of Volunteer work as well as Donating to Non-profit organizations, especially those that stand for something I affiliate with personally. For example, after I got back from my birthday vacation in Tokyo, Japan was hit with that Tsunami. It sucked that I couldn't be there to physically help, but I immediately jumped on board with donating & garnering support as best I could. 

Last year I did Voluntours {which is basically travelling while doing volunteer work} all around South Africa. It was one of the most fulfilling and wondrous experiences of my life. More than most things, if I had loads of $$$, this is what I would do. Travel the world & do volunteer work. 

3. Invest
Her Answer: "Yes, I really am that lame person who answers this question this way."
My Answer: My investments would be towards the betterment of mankind & a sustainable future for our children. I would invest in Go-Green type projects, Reading programs, Save the Books campaigns to ensure the survival of not only our species but also our literature. Whether digital or in paper form, the written word & stories MUST live on forever. Words Are Immortal!

I would most inevitably and whole-heartedly invest in my Ghost Cars Idea!

A Life without Traffic

Flying cars are so over-done.
Teleporters are so over-done. Try this on.



4. Be Irresponsible {Wink Wink}
Her Answer: "At that point, after all my sensible uses of money are done, I would do the following things:

A. Fill a pool with mini marshmallows and jump into it.
B. Rent out a cafeteria and have a GIANT FOOD FIGHT. Really.
C. Statewide scavenger hunt. A few groups of people, a few strategically placed clues in the wilderness of Illinois...funtimes all around.
D. I would go to this site and go totally nuts. For example, I would purchase this LED faucet light that changes color depending on the temperature of your water:

Or this NERF MACHINE GUN.

(Can you IMAGINE the ridiculousness? I CAN.)"


This is one of my favorite moments on her blog, she actually did it! When she got the book deal and her dreams were just starting to come true, she filled a tub with MarshMallows! Yes, you heard me, MarshMallows. You GOTTA Watch this video.


Wow.
Amazing Support! #MadLove for you ALL!💙💙💙

53,094 Reached, 1073 views, 103 Reactions/Comments & counting!
Lol it says Top Audience Men 25-34 >> Arigato dudes! haha


My Answer: This is absolutely why my absolute dream literary agent would have to be, 
Joanna Volpe. She not only went above & beyond for her Author but she also jumped in that tub with Veronica! Now there's someone who's not only passionate about her job but also knows how to have some fun!
MY 2017 Declaration!

So after all my sensible uses of money are done, I would do the following things:

A. Get a massive Trampoline, dress up in my favorite cosplay, jump up & down while eating candyfloss! {My awesome bestie Benita helped with this answer :-), Arigato B!}

B. Take my awesome friends to Disney Land in Orlando, Florida {Christine of 200 Saturdays Until Paris lives there too!}

C. At some point, without a shadow of a doubt, undeniably, I would use every resource possible to make it so that I get to meet both J.K Rowling & Veronica Roth.

D. I would visit this site called "This is Why I'm Broke" and go totally nuts. Aptly named for its ridiculously super amazing fantastical almost magical items available for actual purchase! 


For example, I would buy this TITAN 370 Inch Television

OR
Quit wasting time in traffic jams – now you can fly yourself to any destination with the personal jetpack. Codenamed the Martin jetpack, this James Bond like personal transportation equipment is set to revolutionize the way individuals take flight.

5. WRITE ALL THE TIME
Her Answer: "But really, after all is said and done, what I would mostly do with a whole lot of cash is WRITE ALL THE TIME. Day jobs? Pshh. Who needs them? If I could just set up a nice little room in which I could write all day and supply myself with infinite tea, I'd be pretty much good."


Veronica also wrote an EPIC post with another awesome step by step list called:

Strive Always for Normalness!: My Advice for Super New, Unagented Writers


My Answer: BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND. My ultimate plan is to become a full time, published Author. It doesn't matter how long it takes, how much hardship I face, how many naysayers villify me, how impossible it may seem or even how much money I make.
All I truly care about is being an Author & writing stories. 
The stuff that comes after, like who reads those stories & whether or not it's mondo loved...That's something I cannot control, therefore I let go of the fear & worry holding me back.


Here's some Friday Feeling Motivation Vibes
Find out your Patronus on the PotterMore Site Here

© Enricoh Alfonzo ~ Alfonzo Words
  • I’d love to keep connected with you! 
Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook Join my Instagram community | Watch me on Pinterest | Subscribe to blog post Updates |

~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres

69 comments:

  1. YEESSS! Travel the world and do volunteer work! That is exactly what I would like to be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great you have some inspiration for your writing. The action is as important as the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ideas!!!! And such a great topic. Some people wouldn't bother thinking of what they would do in that situation but if you can't think it, picture it, dream it then you most likely won't ever get it. Really love the thought behind this and the things you decided on. Thanks for the credit but that was totally ur rocking idea XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ideas! I'd probably go a similar route. I've never really dreamed of what I would actually do if I was rich- I am quite content with things and live day to day with what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would do some traveling and some eating. Then get a hot tub!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. The marshmallow bath looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely buy my parents a house too. I never really got into the Divergent series but I like her answers, your vision is great too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what I'd do. I think I'd just be in awe that my writing inspired so many to pick up the book. I would pay off our current house and live debt free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First thing I would do is sit down and make a plan haha. Probably buy a house, a pickup truck, etc. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in Alabama. You'll have to stop by and have coffee with me when you hit up Orlando. 💕 you're gonna change the world one day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would buy a house for my brother too. I would travel all around the world. God!! I would do so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She was very fortunate to break a level that isn't overly common. I imagine it is normal now, but Im sure once upon a time it was very breathtaking for her. Makes you smile, doesnt it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know what I would do if I was as successful as JK Rowling lol. I was just watching Divergent on my flight back to London from South Africa so it's good to know the author who brought it out to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't imagine myself being J.K. Rowling. She is so talented and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She sounds like a very nice person. I am not a reader but I like her novels!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is a very tough question. If I am that successful, I will influence other writers too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like both of them. If I were in their place, I will built a school that open doors for aspiring writers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a fun read. I would probably work towards helping charities that's all about improving a child's life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!The marshmallow bath looks great! Thanks for a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh well I would want to travel around the world and at the same time organize some 'giving" to the needy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd buy my parents a house too - and donate a LOT of money because I'm afraid that wealth might change who I am inside - better to just give it to others.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't argue with any of your points there. My favourite one is the loft with large windows. I need windows and light wherever I am!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would have to do most of this!!! I can't even imagine if I won a large amount of money like this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice list! I have bought a house for my parents alrdy buying another one next yr for invesment and for rent as business. i'm doing my fair share on donations so the rest is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my. If I had a lot of money, the first thing I will do is buy a huge property where I can have 3 townhouses constructed (one for each of my children), and a small bungalow for me and my husband. I'd get my mom the best health insurance, start a business and put the rest in a time deposit in a bank. I'd choose a charitable institution that looks after the welfare of children and donate regularly. I would also love to sponsor the education of 10 poor children from grade school to college. Feels so good to daydream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa it really feels great doesn't it, to dream about what we want out of life. I love your answer especially on the institution that looks after child welfare. Brilliant. thank you for sharing

      Delete
  26. I love Veronica Roth and the Divergent series. She is such a talented writer and so young as well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think I would do those exact same thing if I had a lot of money! Splurging every once in a while is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am practical beyond belief. I would totally invest the whole thing, but I would pay off my kids' student loans.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is an interesting question to think about! I would definitely make sure my parents and kids were taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would do the exact same! It's hard to not want to spend away at times.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so true! Every day I feel like my tasks are impossible, yet I am able to accomplish so much.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wish I'm talented as hers. I would do all the things in the world, explore places that I've never been before and help less fortunate people. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. At this stage in my life I can only do the volunteer work the travel around the world will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  34. If I had that kind of money I would make sure my family was comfortable. I would love to travel and do volunteer work as I go. It would be amazing to not have to work about bills.

    ReplyDelete
  35. If I had that kind of money I would definatly be checking off this list. I would love to travel the world and give myself and my 4 kids a place to call home.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this!!! I would definitely do some traveling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a wonderful read. I'm tempted to prioritize the "irresponsible" part and mix it in with my real tasks. Why not do crafts while swimming in marshmallows? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love it ! the piece looks great , i especially love the visuals . Your pictures are amazing ! Well done!! - B www.wildflowerdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. That would be fun! I don't know, I hope I would do something good for the World!

    ReplyDelete
  40. It way smarter to invest in memories instead of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  41. It is so wonderful you found inspiration through her! I enjoyed reading your list of what you would do with the money. My list would be very similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My daughter loves the Divergent series! Veronica is smart! I like her list of things she'd do and yours, too! It's so sweet that you buy a house for your parents. I would do this, too. I would pay off my parents' houses and ask them if they'd like me to buy them a new one. I think investing money is a very smart idea! You can spend your money so fast and then have nothing to show for it. That's why it's a great idea to invest.

    ReplyDelete
  43. All I know about being a writer is you have to write a lot, because practice makes perfect. Write the ideas and save it whenever you think one, create writing ritual and make a plan then write.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Omg fill a pool with little marshmallows...that is hilarious. With a lot of money, I would hire a financial advisor to make sure I don't blow it all. Definitely charity would be one of the things.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such an awesome topic and great ideas. I enjoyed reading this. I really like your investment plans. Praying for your success!

    ReplyDelete
  46. It is fun to think about! I think I would definitely give a lot away to those in need :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yes, my ideal house would be quite similar to yours, an open concept beach house would be so fun! I'm curious to know how it feels like to be bathing in a pool of marshmallows. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, I really love most of this that's why I love travelling

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh gosh, I don't even know what I'd do. I loved reading about what you'd do though!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I would buy a house, pay off debt, take my friends on a fantastic trip and set up trust funds for my children. Then I would donate the rest to charity minus what I need to live off of for 10 years... so I could continue focusing on my writing and my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love this so much. I love that she inspired you and honestly, you have inspired me to write my own list. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is great! I love donating to other community who needs help but this all kind of thing we all need this we've done things a lot of it! It's really inspiring and definitely good post.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I will probably use my influence in the best of my abilities. I'd love to be the voice of women and to be able to help others out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  54. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great to know your thoughts about such an important topic, so evidently you love and really care about others! Glad you did a volunteering experience, helping others is essential! I think you can change our world one day, Superman! :-) May your superpower be always with you!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I would do so much of this too! Donating is a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love your dedication and fierce determination. It will be wonderful when you meet your writing goals fully.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love that Nelson Mandela quote and I think it's such a sweet idea to buy a house for your parents. I totally agree that the world would be a much better place without traffic too.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hmmm, the things I could do with all that money - buy a house, a nice truck, help the poor... I'll keep dreaming. Great success would be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  60. Definitely buy a bigger apartment and then go travelling with loved ones. I'd want to make sure that my loved ones were taken care of financially for sure. Great, thought provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I think that I would put my focus into helping out my family who needs extra help financially as well as setting up my girls for college. I also love all your great ideas on donating and helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I don't know what I would do if I got this famous. Lots of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I would also buy my parents a new home. I love children and enjoy volunteering so I would provide services to orphans and children in need.

    ReplyDelete
  64. She has done incredibly well and at such a young age too. I have every confidence that you will be successful as you are a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I always think what would I do if, it's fun to imagine isn't it? They say the harder you dream, the more likely it is to come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Not sure how I feel about the pool filled with marshmallow lol If I had that much money I would bring my mom to Canada, get new floors, build a room for my daughter, and get a car.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm hoping I would be like J.K. Rowling. She was removed from the billionaires list simply because she donated so much money. I'd love to be that person. However! I know I'd use a lot of money to help my family. I guess that's kind of donating it right? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I would love to do those things ,too. Buy a house for my family is my number one on th list.

    ReplyDelete