Tuesday 27 September 2016

Once Upon a Time (TV Series): Season Premiere

The Savior
Long Live the Queen

Once Upon a Premise:

A curse broken, a hero reborn.

A young woman with a troubled past is drawn to a small town in Maine where fairy tales are to be believed.

It borrows elements and characters from Disney films and popular Western fairy tales, including Hansel and Gretel, Rumpelstiltskin, Little Red Riding Hood, The Prince and the Pauper, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinnochio, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, Mulan, Brave and Frozen.

Once Upon a Review:

I love how intricately each fairy tale is woven into a modern one. This is the only show where Flashbacks are not annoying and halting to the action. It’s a writers dream. My best friend recommended it to me and I’ve been hooked ever since. Often spending whole days just watching a season.

 

My favorite portrayal has got to be Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold. The unbelievably complex web of events that he manipulated for the singular goal of the love of his son is magical in its own right. I am in awe of the way his character is deviously one step ahead of everyone. The sheer amount of years it took him to accomplish his goal is a MUST SEE. Now that is a true villain that makes you route for him. No one is as powerful or as knowledgeable about magic as he is but the way in which he uses it is what draws you in.

The twists and turns this series takes is nothing short of amazing. At one point I was like, whaaaat?! 

Granted the series has suffered lately from bad plotlines and uninteresting character arcs but the initial magic of the show has never been forgotten and it is my hope that they will get back to that soon. The coolest part has got to be the way they remake the characters we all know and love. I won’t tell you who but some of them even turn out as villains! You get to see the flip side of their ‘heroic’ journey and why they are the way they are. The creators of the show go to great lengths to make sure each tale is more originally deviated from than the last.

If you love twists and remakes of your favorite fairy tales, this show is a must see for all ages and draws you in like no other.

Personal rating: 8/10

  Once Upon a Season 6:


The season 6 premiere aired this Sunday on the 25th September 2016.

Just when it looks like Storybrooke can enjoy some peace, once more it is threatened by dark forces. The malevolent Mr. Hyde, now separated from Dr. Jekyll, has arrived and brought his fellow inhabitants from the Land of Untold Stories.

Who will save the Savior?

Emma Swan, our resident bad ass super hot & beautiful heroine, is set to face some of her most enduring trials yet.

To make matters worse, Regina's dark half - the Evil Queen - continues to exist despite her heart being crushed; unburdened by a conscience, the Evil Queen has declared war on the heroes.


"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

One of my all time favorite quotes/phrases which roughly translates into:


"Who will Guard the Guardians?"

One of my favorite bloggers Elayna Fernandez aka The Positive Mom recently attended an exclusive, all expense trip/event to go behind the scenes on the Once Upon a Time set. There she got to see a screening of the Season Premiere episode.

She wrote an awesome post on her experience there called:

What It Really Means To Be A Savior #OnceUponATime


Elayna~ "As a matter of fact, my favorite quote by Eddie was about faith":
“The thing about faith is you have to choose to have it, and if you need proof then you don’t really have it.”
You can follow all the event posting & Elayna via the Hashtag #ABCTVEvent 

Watch the Season 6 Trailer Here:


© Enricoh Alfonzo ~ Alfonzo Words
  • I’d love to keep connected with you! 
Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook Join my Instagram community | Watch me on Pinterest | Subscribe to blog post Updates |

~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres

16 comments:

  1. Great review!! It's a really good show, I love the different characters that are introduced at different stages. It keeps you on your toes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it borrows from fairy tales. I must check this show out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to watch this show, looks really good. Thank you for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the shoutout! What did you think of the episode? I just love your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha just watched it tonight. That dance with Belle & Mr Gold brought back so many feels. Really excited to see the development of the Savior Mythology & always on the look out for more #CaptainSwan moments lolol :-)

      aw thanks for the kind words, means mondo much coming from you!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Season 6 and I haven't seen this show, yet. I will now. Thanks for bringing this show to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped watching this show when the Peter Pan character appeared... got too scary, but sometimes I wish I could just start where I left it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen an episode after I watched Season One! I can't believe they're already on season six! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately I never got into once upon a time strangely as I do love fairytales but its incredible that it is on season 6 already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so behind this show. I used to watched it but now I can't watched any of my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least you've seen it! I'm even further behind than you!

      Delete
  10. I have never heard of this! I'm sure I would really enjoy it though. On my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The way the writers are willing to add a twist to our favorite characters is really cool. I'd love to catch a few episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good day sir , How can I get a copy of this series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey franklin
      If you know how to download torrents you can try thepiratebay.org or extratorrents. Just search for Once upon a time Complete

      Delete