Thursday 9 June 2016

Movie Tag: Akasha Garnier

Inspire. Create. Write. TM


Ohayo!
~Happy Friday Dance~

You have no idea how elated I am to introduce you to my next guest. She's absolutely one of the most unique souls I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Funny, charming, beautiful, epically talented & so so humble. I love following her adventures every single week without fail.


Meet Akasha Lin Garnier 

Akasha first started writing Gothic stories to entertain her Halloween guests in St. Paul, Minnesota. She went to college in Minneapolis where the radio station nominated her to be Production Director and “The voice of WMMR”. Akasha enjoyed a wide range of musical influences from The Beatles, The Who, Prince, U2, Pearl Jam, The Replacements and house music. She then honed in on a show featuring dance music hosted with her honors’ writing classmate. Fortunately, the first PR proposal she ever wrote said ‘Yes’! Voila, First Avenue of “Purple Rain” fame sponsored her award-winning radio show. Akasha continued to round out her writing, PR and producer skills in alternative radio, event and video production, then travel from sea to shining sea.

Akasha’s proud of her work as a writer, producer, and actress; she balanced branding work as a writer and producer in Minneapolis, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, London, Paris/Cannes, Maui and Hawaii. She excels at helping clients shine with 15 awards/accolades since 2007.

Akasha also enjoys giving back through her Promo Partners 
The main partner right now is The Who’s Charity: Teen Cancer America and her Italian family’s Fantastic Restaurants; Nando Milano 
As well as Helping people balance business and creative skills as amplifying their brand value. Akasha will celebrate the book’s release in a few select cities, and then finish negotiating her travel thriller series for release in best-selling book and film form.

Akasha was invited to write a motivational book based on her branding expertise, love of travel and ability to inspire with the right blend of business and creative skills: Secrets to Shine Through the Noise has a soft release June 27 with a large release mid-August 2016. Her travel thriller novel series will be announced shortly after that.


1. What is the worst Apocalyptic scenario you have seen in movie/TV show?
  • “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” Poor CGI, villain and pacing. Awesome Wonder Woman intro…we want more! 
2. What’s your favorite genre?
  • I love a wide range of movies from film noir and Hitchcock classics to gripping adventures like Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Firm to timeless classic like Jane Austin and Shakespeare. 
  • Do you believe in happy endings? Certainly. I believe in putting dreams into action and that hard work, planning and passion all pay off! :-) I believe love is looking in together in the same direction (not just gazing into each other’s eyes). [Looking in same direction inspiration by Antoine St-Exupery.] 
3. Which movie represents the best love story? 
  • “Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain”, (“Amelie”) I admire the melange of Parisian adventure, love and hope. It also certainly helps that I had a summer in Paris when it came out so I saw it in French in Paris and La Rochelle (of Three Musketeers fame). (My French is good, but I am always striving to improve and continue to use my French and Italian languages.) Seeing this movie in French and the way it used locations to explore character and fantasy truly inspired me! I strive to use settings in a similar in my own novels and screenplays now. 
4. Which movie was the Best representation of a book? 
  • L.A. Confidential by James Ellroy The book to film adaptation was a stellar representation of storytelling with vintage glamor, inspired performances, history, beauty and LA brought to life on the big screen. 
5. What do you consider a “binge-worthy” TV series? 
  • Not a fan of binge-watching TV since I’ve so many writing goals to accomplish over the last few years. For relaxation, I prefer sailing, traveling, wonderful dinners and pairings, films and stimulating conversation.
6. Do you get emotionally attached to characters? 
  • Sometimes, if they are well done. 
7. Do you get emotional while watching TV Series or Movies? 
  • Yes. 
8. If you had to choose a main character from a TV series/movie to come save you, who would you choose? 
  • The Dark Knight. 
9. Which movie/TV series centralized around one of your favorite cars?? {Herbie, Supernatural, Back to the Future… Haha} 
  • “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” My first crush on Chicago, with intriguing story-telling and use of the city to reveal character. (I believe it’s a hot red 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California.) 
10. What’s your favorite mythical creature / monster from movie / TV series? 
  • Mermaids. 
11. Who’s your favorite director? 
  • Francisco Ford Coppola and Christopher Nolan 
12. Do you prefer older movies, or movies with a lot of CGI? 
  • I prefer movies with great stories, settings and adventures that are not too predictable. 
13. Which Indie Movie is your favorite & why?
  • "The Ususal Suspects” and “Memento”. Both are such a great ride for the audience! The films used character, storytelling and twists in a fresh way and invite us to see them again. I saw both of them at a formative time in my writing career, and love to see them again today. 
14. If you had just One message, One Golden nugget to share with other Adventurers/Writers out there. What would that be?
  • Believe in your stories and plan for success. Inspiration is so important, but we do need to understand the field and our brand…plus do the work. :-) 

Hahaha, "Obtain magic ring"

Sign up to Akasha’s A-List for special offers, invitations, and inspiration
via her Website

Follow her Amazing Journey on:

You can catch Akasha this weekend at the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series
Where "the ACWS will make international history with Chicago as the Cup’s first freshwater venue. To give some perspective, the Cup is the oldest trophy in international sport (since 1851)." #FirstOnFreshWater #Chicago

Chicago Shine
TV: NBC
TWITTER: @americascup & @acwsChicago
INSTAGRAM: @americascup & @acwsChicago
APP: America’s Cup

Akasha's Favorite Travel Quote


ORDER #ShineThroughtheNoise by

@AkashaGarnier

✨ amazon.com/Secrets-Shine-… ✨

~Be Kind To One Another~ Ellen Degeneres

46 comments:

  1. Great article, great questions. Loved her answers. ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview here, I really love the messages on the hand in the end. Those are such good messages for writers, especially "believe in your stories", obviously why she is such a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic article, Enricoh! This was great to read. Akasha seems amazing. Great to get to know her better 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic article, Enricoh! This was great to read. Akasha seems amazing. Great to get to know her better 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What an amazing interview you snagged with such a powerful and inspiring woman!
    Akasha is just fantastic and so accomplish. I love that one nugget she gave us so so important to remember!!
    I will be following for sure. Can't wait to watch the Americas Cup this weekend.

    Congratulations on the upcoming release of her book. I really want to read that.

    Shine on gurl ~~~~
    Vannessa, SA

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming lady. I loved her answers, especially #3. Amelie is my favorite love story. It's so beautifully told.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant interview!! Can't wait to read Akasha's work. Sounds like it's right up my alley:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this interview! I'm a Sci-fi girl myself, I love the notes on the hand at the end! Obtain magic ring...HA

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right--she is very interesting and unique. I read a lot of these interviews but this writer's answers were pretty interesting and gave insight into her wriitng. She's right about binge watching, but I do it anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic interview, I'm going to have to look her up as I'm always after the next book. Love her "5 commandments"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She seems like a fun lady. She has awesome answers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing interview. She is so inspiring! I’d love to read het motivational book ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview. what an inspiration (and her musical influences are my top 10) The Usual suspects is great movie too. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Interview! Akasha! would love to know if that's your real name, happens to be linked to my favourite Book Series (The Vampire Chronicles) and have never known someone who had the name! Your interview has almost reminded me of some other greatness that I should not forget - Amelie, Memento, The Usual Suspects!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome interview, that last question and answer wow, true words. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great article. Perfect questions I should take time to read

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely want to obtain a magic ring. This is a fantastic interview.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always nice to know what other authors are thinking. Believe in your stories is such good advice. Although I have to admit that I have said to myself "this is going nowhere".

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed reading your interview. Akasha sounds like a wonderful person and I love that she's giving back through her promo partners.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She sounds like a very accomplished woman, she's also very admirable! I love her energy, it shows through the interview. I had a fun time reading, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great interview Here! No wonder you are doing the Friday happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you answer those questions, keep it up. This article it inspire me so much, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have done a very nice interview! I learned a lot from it, I wish I can do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great interview with great questions. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great interview! SO much wise advice given too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great to learn about Akasha. She is certainly well-rounded!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great interview. Since I'm big on reading, I'd love to check out L.A. Confidential by James Ellroy. I have no idea why I haven't heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  28. She looks like a lot of fun, and someone who knows her stuff! I haven't heard of her before reading this so I am going to have to go check her out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a great interview. I love reading through interviews. They're always interesting to see what people have to say about the questions you ask.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I always like to get insight by reading interviews. Great job on posting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved reading this interview. I also love the old Hitchcock movies, they are powerful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a great interview. It made me want to learn more about her. Especially love her views on what love is (I believe love is looking in together in the same direction (not just gazing into each other’s eyes)), her advice for writers (where can I get a magic ring, lol), and that she is a fan of "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain". I LOVE that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that Ferris Bueller is mention as one of your faves! That was my fave movie growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice interview. She sounds like a very nice person, with lots of achievements in life.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful interview! Loved the Golden Nugget she shared, too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. GRACIAS, Merci, Grazie for reading and for all your comments! Yes "Akasha" comes from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. The series was given to me by a stylist on set during a photo shoot in my teens, and it was one of my first amazing, photography days that opened many creative doors. I also played "Akasha, Queen of the Damned" in college. Later I found out that "Akasha" means "quest", which I found so inspiring! :) Thank you for following my journey!! Yes more books, film and Akasha A-List offers coming soon. Thanks again. Akasha Lin

    ReplyDelete