Friday 29 April 2016

The Originals (TV Series): Review

Family is Power
DeviantArt Cred: crystalpearl66
A family of power-hungry thousand-year-old vampires, seek to take back the city that they built and dominate all those who have done them wrong.

Quote: I'll tell you what I know about death, Camille. Death dances silently in everyone's shadow, and she doesn't give a damn. So why give a damn about her?

Seriously, the English make everything sound so elegant. Don't they?

Whether it’s Elijah’s maddening quest to find redemption for his brother, Rebekah’s over rebellion against her brother or Klaus’s quest for kingship. I am thoroughly hooked on this show. It has everything I want: family, power, love, death, war, vampires that are almost unstoppable.
Above are the truly memorable stars of the show that have made it into legend. From left: Elijah, Klaus, Hayley & Marcel.

In this world, the First Vampires were called the Original Family. They are the strongest and are highly resistance to conventional vampire killing items.

Klaus Mikaelson is a thousand-year-old vampire/werewolf hybrid that is as powerful as he is cunning. His diabolical plans have been known to have many layers and crescendos. Many in the literary world have fawned over the creation of such a villain. To hate him but yet somehow relate to him sees a true genius in the author L. J Smith’s works. He would have never been given his own TV Show otherwise. When last have you seen the villain of a show get his own TV Series? I’m dying to know. His tortured Love story with Camile has been going on almost as long as Haley & Elijah. She really is a great character, though, very emotionally grounded & serves as a great turning point for Klaus.  #Klamile

Elijah Mikaelson is the third oldest Original sibling with a penchant for the sophisticated, Major props to Daniel Gillies for making this character awesome. Tailored expensive suits, ripping out hearts without so much as a smear of blood on them. Now that’s power. I love it! He’s one of the coolest characters I’ve ever seen. His love story with Haley only adds to his addictive storyline, making you root for them for over 3 seasons now. When will they get a chance? Or is it better that they don’t? 
DeviantArt Cred: crashspyro98










The amount of fan-fiction I can write on this show is endless.
What I enjoy the most are the challenges that're thrown at the family. Seeing as they are some of the most powerful beings on the earth. The show makes them face almost impossible odds that only as a family can they endure and overcome. It makes for entertaining viewing.

My best bro digs True Blood more, only because the vampires there are more vicious, powerful and have way more sex. Yes, True Blood was a great show but the originals are more grounded and seem more realistic.

In truth, we have to thank author Stephanie Meyer as without her Twilight series, vampires would have not been so popular, especially with teenagers. True blood, The Vampires diaries and subsequently The Originals would have never aired. She did start it all. Although on that same thought, Blade and the Underworld series should be thanked too as they kept the vampire genre going. Plus the vampire/werewolf hybrid from Underworld was significantly more badass than Klaus in his hybrid form. Don’t get me wrong Klaus is a great power-hungry, neck-biting Mofo* but you can’t beat the Michael vs. Victor fight.

The Originals is a great show, with powerful characters, intricate plots and demanding emotions. Prepare to be hooked.
Personal rating: 10/10

In the days to come, I will add more reviews of my favorite TV shows and Movies. 
Let me know your thoughts about the show. All views are welcome.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be honored if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook/Tumblr. Thank you!

~Be Kind To One Another.~ Ellen Degeneres
****************
Special Mention

Here's some Amazing .Gifs made by KittyGifs:
The Mikaelson Family
Haley & Elijah







Klaus Mikaelson











8 comments:

  1. I love this show!! I think anything Vampire related is addicting right now! Shared on fb...thanks for the review on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a commercial for this...I would love to check this show out. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the odd man out. Never seen or heard about this. But it does looking interesting and I would watch and episode.

    Erica K
    www.beautyonthebayou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know this series at all. I wonder why I haven't seen anything else about it, not even a promo. But it's not a genre that I usually follow. Thanks for calling it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont watch much TV so never heard of this show. Is it on cable TV?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really into Vampire shows and movies but my husband is. The Originals do look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never watched a single episode but I've heard good things about it. It sounds like a show that Vampire fans will truly adore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The CW has released the official synopsis, together with promotional pictures for the season 5 premiere episode of The Originals – Where You Left Your Heart. Check out the description and sneak peek photos and promotional trailers online

    ReplyDelete