Monday 11 April 2016

The Fosters (TV Series): Review

How do you define Family?


Teenager Callie Jacob is placed in a foster home with a lesbian couple and their blend of biological, adoptive and foster children.


This is the best family oriented show on TV right now. No contest.

Why? Because it’s not conventional! That’s why. It’s not that Seventh Heaven wholesome white church going family, of melodrama fakeness. (PS not hating, I did enjoy that show. Just didn’t enjoy the “perfect picture” it painted)

Hate groups beware, haha.

With Steph and Lena, they face every kind of lesbian/gay problem around but still come out showing that love transcends all.

With Callie & Brandon you get the classic of forbidden love. Seeing as they are Foster brother and sister. I can’t explain why it’s compelling to root for them but it just is.  I honestly have no idea if it will ever be possible for them to be together.

With Mariana you see her start off as the most self-centered person ever and slowing begin to evolve into a great Latina hottie (Just joking......or maybe not. Watch to find out).

With Jude you see him battle with his sexuality and gradually start to understand more about it.
With Jesus, well honestly I don’t know what’s up with that dude. But you can enjoy the hot girls he seems to attract to him.

I remember ploughing through the seasons all in one weekend when I happened upon it in my download search. The storylines are very gripping, not always going in the directions you think it will.

It makes you understand more about the Foster system and also some of the problems that they face on a daily basis. It will leave you cheering, crying, shouting, laughing and then cheering some more.
I truly enjoyed that family can come in any shape or form as long as there is love, nothing can tear them apart.

Can’t wait to see what happens next....
Personal rating: 8/10
In the days to come, I will add more reviews of my favorite TV shows and Movies. 

Let me know your thoughts about the show. All views are welcome.

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be honored if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook/Tumblr. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment