Saturday 20 February 2016

Spiderman Vs Superman: Let's compare


So who came first? Spiderman or Superman?

Who intro'd their premiere superhero first? Marvel or DC?

Both these heroes have become widely known as their respective Comic giant's ultimate good guy superhero fantastico. Let's take a look at some similarities first:


I can't help but wonder if these traits are exactly what makes them so popular with readers, I can agree that they are what make them super awesome to me :-)
Mind orgasmic powers aside, their personalities and willpower are what stand out as they use these to overcome some of their most challenging moments.
After doing the above table, I gawked at it, shocked at how many similarities there are. I mean sure over the years there has been back and forth between Marvel & DC, creating characters similar to one another. But this one, this one is major for me.
We all grew up with them, cheered for them and agonized with them at the heartfelt moments of comic book history.

So the answer to the question is........(Drum roll please)............................................................
Superman!!!! Tadarattada!!

Superman's first appearance was April 18, 1938.
Spiderman's first appearance was August. 1962.







Let me start by saying I'm huge fan of Stan Lee (I mean who isn't). But it does beg the question, did Superman's fame influence the creation of Spiderman? Did Stan Lee use those same characteristics to come up with our favorite web-slinger? According to Mr. Lee, the creation was due to increased demand of Teenage readers and the desire to create a character with whom teens could identify.


I will always be a true and blue Superman Mega Mondo fan so hearing that answer to the question I posed......made me smile. I've even got a tattoo of the Superman Logo on my right shoulder. The way he uses his amazing abilities to help the world, saving people even though he could rule it as a god, yet he doesn't. The way he paves the way for humanity to accept aliens (outcasts).
I'm glad Superman came first (Cosmic justice), I also found out just how long Superman has enthralled fans for.
Sorry if you were looking for a Superman Vs Spiderman showdown debate, but it was more me just comparing them in popularity and stature.

Found this awesome post on comparisons.

******Breaking NEWS
The trailer for Spider Man Homecoming just released!!
Watch it here:


I am still a huge fan of Spiderman! I love his powers, his intellilect & how he uses them. Especially his personality and back story, even though he experienced such sadness he still chose to be a hero. #GeekLove
I can't wait for this movie!

😉Fangirl ShoutOut. GO!
#SpiderManHomecoming


Who's your favorite Superhero/ine & why?



© Enricoh Alfonzo ~ Alfonzo Words
  • I’d love to keep connected with you! 
Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook Join my Instagram community | Watch me on Pinterest | Subscribe to blog post Updates |

~Be Kind to One Another~ Ellen Degeneres

47 comments:

  1. the similarities are amazing. never thought of it before. But it's always been superman for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is whom ever the boys like. I think they like Batman right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the comparison! Of course one is an alien and one is not :) I have always liked Spiderman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never paid attention to the similarities between them!!! I know my son is obsessed with every super hero I am not sure he could pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I never realized just how similar they are. That was really interesting to see the comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting comparison! They are both so memorable though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Marvel girl. But in this comparison, I like Superman, Spiderman is not my kind of superhero.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never really liked Superman, I prefer Batman over him. I like Peter Parker though, for me he is more relatable, so in this debate, I'm siding with Spiderman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been a Superman fan for decades. I used to love the comic books as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like Batman since I'm a teenager

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great insight into their popularity! My son loves Spiderman and my daughter loves Superman LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is a nice comparison. We are a huge marvel fan so we choose spidey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superman and Spiderman are both my favorites. I am hoping for another film from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Superman and Spider-Man are both of my most favorite superheroes of all time as well 👍

      Delete
  14. It's funny that I never really thought about all the similar qualities until now. I would say that I am a Spiderman fan though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe that really is why they are both liked so much?! Great comparison to show me because I would have never known.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never realized the similarities between the two. Although I am a bigger fan of Marvel Comics than DC, I am still a Superman fan. And I love Henry Cavill as Superman.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Comic writers have always been inspired by each other! I love the similarities between Superman and Spiderman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even though I like both my favorite one is superman. He is so handsome. And I like is super powers :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Now this is something I never gave too much thought too... They really are pretty similar! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, I've never liked Superman until the recent films that have come out. They are slowly persuading me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ive come to love spiderman more because of toby m. He seems to be an effective peter parker. But the latest installment of Superman is nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. There really are a lot of similarities between Marvel and DC heroes and villains, one can think there's a template like how you described it with Stan Lee's descriptions. It's funny how Superman lost his red briefs with Cavill and went with fishnets, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never really thought of it before. But, it definitely looks like they are very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool post for shoe collectore! Hello we are from Dealteria. We are well known for collections of unique problem solving products. One such best selling product in our footwear collection is Shoe Organizer. You will like it.

    ReplyDelete

  25. Hi we are from tafrepa.We sell a wide range of best health supplements online.
    Best men's face wash online

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello there! Your posts are a joy to read. Just wanted to drop a quick comment to show my support. Second Passport Guide, Expanding Travel Options Learn about the advantages and process of acquiring a second passport, empowering you to explore the world with greater flexibility and opportunities.

    ReplyDelete